Science is what makes Medi-Weightloss® different from the competition. Our program was developed by physicians, obesity researchers, dietitians, and experts in exercise physiology. Medi-Weightloss® and our Medical Affairs team utilize the latest clinical research available to help patients maximize their weight loss* and keep the weight off long term. Below are a few ways that our Medical Affairs team guarantees the effectiveness of our program:
- Maintaining the safety and efficacy of programs. In March 2012, Medi-Weightloss® held its inaugural meeting of the Scientific Advisory Board. The board’s purpose is to critically review the effectiveness, safety, and added value of the Medi-Weightloss® treatment guidelines and products through outcomes research. This panel of physicians, scientists, and public health experts also assists in guiding the development of translational research studies that move scientific discoveries from university laboratories to the patient care setting. The initiatives of this interdisciplinary team are shaped by the company’s dedication to quality assurance and the timely integration of clinical research findings into patient care.
- Creating patient materials. The Medical Affairs team plays an integral role in the development of educational materials like patient packets and handouts, as well as other provider guidelines.
- Implementing new programs. Our most recent launch is the MediLiving® Smoking Cessation Program.
- Working alongside the Research and Development team. Ensuring that our program is evidence based, the two teams work together to develop new products. To note, due to this partnership, patients who purchase Signature Shakes & Bars have been found to lose more weight than patients that do not.
- Conducting a literature review on ingredients. The ingredients used in our Signature Supplements & Products are the most efficacious ingredients in an appropriate dose ensuring the supplement will produce the most therapeutic and effective result. The Medi-Weightloss® treatment guidelines are supported by industry sponsored research and are clinically demonstrated to be nutritious and beneficial for weight loss.